Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

***STEPS TO REVIVAL***

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
Cleanse your hands, you sinners,
and purify your hearts, you double-minded".
James 4:8

You Know how it is with certain tunes. Music has a way of unlocking memories, sometimes all it takes is a little snatch of melody, someone humming as he walks by, a fragment of song from a car radio or the latest of today IPod drifting through summer night air and you find yourself reliving and emotion you thought you'd left behind years and years ago. That's the way it is with me when I hear one particular hymn.

I was living in Kingdom of Bahrain (Middle east) eight years ago when I met a friend from where I worked with, she love God above all. I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior since I was in high school, I was active with the church and when I transfered to Zamboanga City to proceed my higher education, I was not practicing my christian walk or faith at all, because the people I was with is not saved yet. To make the story short, I went to her disk where she worked and heard a praise and worship song played on her computer. After awhile, she invited me to go with her to the church, so I did went to the church with her and her family. It was really a big relieved when I heard the message delivered by a pastor. Afterwards, my friend introduced me to the pastor and his wife and the pastor approached me and on that very moment I accepted Jesus Christ again. Isn't it amazing that you are plugged in to the wonderful Savior again! His grace is new every morning! I told myself I have Jesus in my heart again...again and again.

As a brand new believer in 2001, I joined the choir, getting involved to some activities in the church and attending bible studies every Wednesday night. I'll never forget it! One simple melody brings it all back to me. No, it's not "Just As I am" nor is it Hillsongs pouring forth "How Great Thou Art" a hymn that had its first real meaning when I first heard it. The words and music wrapped themselves around my soul...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Allowing Jesus, with His glory and grace to invade our human condition. And in the light of God's radiant presence, the allure of the world, with its pleasures and material possessions, begins to lose its grip on our lives. It truly does! Our hearts become satisfied by our heavenly Father's love and care. In fact, we can find our hearts overflowing with a real and joyful sense of the nearness of God and with profound wonder at His goodness and grace. Before we feel the comfort of His presence, however, you MUST first become aware of how lost and hopeless we are apart from His help and salvation. In fact, that's the first thing that needs to happen when we" turn our eyes upon Jesus" and begin to earnestly seek Him.

Ok... folks this is it!!! Love God above all... have a wonderful Wednesday even it is gloomy... hehehe... remember Jesus Love you so do I.

No comments: