Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vertigo Again?

Last night I thought I was going to experience vertigo again. I went to bed and I told my husband that I felt dizzy every time I look on something. He told me maybe it's not vertigo, maybe because you spend too much in front of the computer. I was kind of scared. I experienced vertigo last year, it was really bad because it happened on my birthday itself (September11, 2007). I was in bed for more than a week, good my husband's aunt was there to help me out with the kids, because at that time, my husband was so busy with his medical schooling and he was not able to take too many days off or he would get behind in his class. I will tell you, I will never recommend that vertigo to anybody. It was really terrible, horrible, worst feeling that I've been through. For me, it's worse than having a child. It took so long for me to recover, and thanks to my husband, he was there for me. Vertigo is usually associated with a problem in the inner ear and affects the bodies balance mechanisms (vestibular system), in the brain, or with the nerve connections between these two organs.

They say there are two types of vertigo. Subjective and objective. There is a subjective vertigo when a person has a false sensation of movement. In the case of objective vertigo, the surroundings appear to move past a person's field of vision. And guess what, I experienced them both. I kept on crying and crying because I wanted to do things but I can't. Even going to the bathroom or just standing, I cannot do it by myself. So my husband did some research and he found a few very helpful maneuvers. That's what we did most of the time. And it really works.

So last night, I was keep on praying that vertigo will not come back to me again. It's almost a year now.


No comments: