Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Credit Card Nightmare



I remember when I got my first credit card, I thought that I was on my way to financial freedom and peace of mind. Now with the ability to buy anything at anytime I was at ease with buying items I needed. Little did I know I was on a road that would later lead to financial disaster. It wasn't the credit cards necessarily but the way the credit cards taught me to how to manage my money. I had become accustomed to using them instead of cash and therefore became entrapped. After about 10 years I was in a hole that seemed impossible to get out of, even though my interest rate was decent I still owed a tremendous amount and paying it off was going to take twice as long as it took to get it there. Luckily I was able to get into a program that is very similar to Bills.com where they negotiate with the credit card companies on your behalf to lower interest rates and monthly bills in order to get you out of debt quickly.

By taking the Bills IQ quiz online at Bills.com, they can get an idea of where you stand financially and can take action on your behalf as well as start to give you advice on bettering your financial health. Take advantage of their programs and get out of debt now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The minimum payment lure is a trap too many credit card owners fall into, I did anyway and it quickly became a financial nightmare. These days I own only one credit card and I don't over spend on it. I pay the monthly balance on time and have learn't not to spend spend spend.